2022 Marketing Trends + Insights
By Matthew Clyde
With Q1 2022 about to close and the year moving at a fast pace, we step back and take in what we have observed, learned and taken on in the first few months of the year.
Q1 was a whirlwind for the marketing world, especially at Ideas Collide, where we have been growing, onboarding, adapting, and excelling. We have launched new brand initiatives, national campaigns, developed comprehensive integrated marketing automation programs, engaged hundreds at Digital Summit, and unveiled IC Streaming, an innovative and collaborative studio space stationed in our hometown of Phoenix.
As we step back and reflect on what we’ve observed and learned during the first few months of the year, there is one through-line and theme that continues to emerge: disruption. Business leaders and marketers will find themselves challenged with navigating constant change and charged with steering companies and brands through the unknown.
Inside the 2022 Report
As a market leader and supporter of our valued partners, Ideas Collide has developed our annual 2022 Marketing Trends + Insights report, curated findings from our experienced team validated by our work with IC’s ever-expanding portfolio of innovative brands.
These trends and insights are designed to help leaders thrive in disruption, to pivot to the right outcomes and to pivot with intention. This report explores new channels, marketing mixes, and ways to foster new digital and in-person marketing that will ultimately scale and grow your brand, identifying tools and approaches to ensure success in 2022 and beyond.
Outlined here are the high-level trends and insights for the IC Marketing IQ in 2022 where we have built four core themes from which we will publish relevant content each quarter including:
- SOCIAL IS SHIFTING – Solutions to Super Charge Your Social Channels
- PLATFORMS ARE BEING REVOLUTIONIZED – How to Build + Reach Target Audience Amid Data + Device Changes
- AI TOOLS ARE EVOLVING – Find Brand Connection via Predictive AI + Advance Marketing Data Solutions
- DIGITAL CONNECTION IS HUMAN CONNECTION – Develop Paths to Bring Humanity to Every Point of Digital Contact
1. SOCIAL IS SHIFTING
Are You Super Charing Your Social + Owned Channels Amid Each Shift? + Elevating Opportunities + Connection
- Trends + Insight Connections (Here’s what to look for in-depth in April-May) :
- Pinterest Planning
- Video Essentials, Ongoing Streaming via TikTok + Reels
- Social + E-Commerce Integration
- Growing Channel Connection + Influence via Influencers – integration of Content + Paid Media
2. PLATFORMS ARE BEING REVOLUTIONIZED
How to Build + Reach Target Audiences Amid Data + Device Changes
Trends + Insight Connections (Here’s what to look for in-depth in May-June) :
- Apple Opt-Out Policy Impact
- Facebook/Instagram Targeting + Impacts
- Consumer Controls v. Device Data Centers
- Do We Really Want the Metaverse?
3. AI TOOLS ARE EVOLVING
Find Brand Connection via Predictive AI + Advance Marketing Data Solutions
Trends + Insight Connections (Here’s what to look for in-depth in June-July) :
- Utilizing AI for on-the-spot decision making to create quicker responses and more effective campaigns to simplify the marketing process
- Driving Better Outcomes in Engagement, Efficiencies and Marketing Performance via Conversational Converse
- Putting a Consumer Intelligence Engine to Work for Your Brand (Innovation, Insight, Intelligence)
4. DIGITAL CONNECTION IS HUMAN CONNECTION
Develop Paths to Bring Humanity to Every Point of Digital Contact
Trends + Insight Connections (Here’s what to look for in-depth in August-September) :
- Digital is About Enhancing Human Connections
- Developing a Strong, Purpose Driven Brand
We have named the essential insights for the year to be the marketing intelligence quotient every marketer needs to grow and elevate your marketing machine amid the constant change and disruption – and we take a look at both the macro-view and the micro-view. We look forward to sharing more in-depth insights with you.